Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Me and Hand Stamping Jewelry

For those of you that don't know.  I had this great idea to make yoga inspired hand stamped jewelry.  I have always loved the look of the hand stamped jewelry and after buying a couple of items on Etsy, I thought to myself "Why can't I make this jewelry?"  So, I decided to have a yoga twist on it.  And stamp words like Namaste, Peace, and Breathe on the jewelry.

So, I started googling away..."How to make hand stamped jewelry".  There is a ton of info out there.  And come to find out, it's actually pretty cheap to start out.  I ended up going to Rings and Things here in Spokane and bought some blanks, a metal stamp alphabet and some beads and such.  Then I also went on Etsy and bought some ball chain necklaces and some more blanks. 

So, the alphabet metal stamps I bought at Rings and Things ended up being too small for what I wanted to do.  But, after I showed my husband what they looked like, he said "they sell those at the hardware store".  So, I got a much cheaper set from the local hardware store, thanks to my husband!  And they work just the same.  So, I think I am getting the hang of it.  And I am having a blast taking pictures of the jewelry.  So, I am just going to show you a few of my favorites!

                         









If you like these and would like to see more, here is my Hand Stamped Section at my Etsy store!  Ohh...that rhymed!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for mentioning our metal stamping sets. Good points...I'm very happy that Rings & Things is adding lower-case letter stamps (which I haven't yet seen in hardware stores!), and at a nicer price under $20. These will appear in our summer catalog supplement...any day now :)

    --Dave
    at Rings & Things

    ReplyDelete